Catholic University Of Eastern Africa School Of Business, The Bachelor of commerce degree programme started in 1991. Between 1991 and 2002 the students were admitted in the Department of Commerce and Business administration (CBA) in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
The School of Business was inaugurated on 25th August 2003 then referred to as Faculty of Commerce. It has three departments: Department of Accounting and Finance, Department of Marketing and Management and Department of Management Science.
The departments offer jointly; ordinary diploma in business management, advanced diploma in Business Management and Bachelor of commerce degree programme, with specializations in Accounting, Finance, Banking and Financial Services, Marketing, Management and Human Resource Management,
The School has also a Graduate Business School, offering a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree programme with specializations in E- commerce, Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, Marketing, Finance and Entrepreneurship. The Graduate School also offers a Doctorate of Business Administration with specializations in Human Resource Management, Finance, Management and Marketing.
Key Achievements Based on Key Facilities Offered
- The School has achieved a regional diversity of students and staff that brings in diverse experiences in the learning process.
- The School was admitted as a member to the Association of African Business Schools (AABS) in March 2006.
- The School of Business programmes are popular in the region with 40% of the University students population enrolled in the School of Business.
- More than 50% of student population is made up of women. This is a sign of confidence by parents and sponsors for the Faculty to take care of their children (an alternative environment).
- In a study done on World business schools 2014, the bachelor of commerce was amongst the top one thousand list and was subsequently honored with a two palmes award for its regional recognition and international influence. The Eduniversal rated the School as good business school with strong regional influence. It was among the top four in Kenya.
- The School reviewed all its programmes in all aspects in 2011.
- The School was periodically evaluated by Quality Assurance and the performance was good.
- The School launched the Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) on 20th April 2012. Fourteen (14) students were admitted into the program. The first graduates were in 2015.
- Town Campus was launched in January 2013. The Faculty programs have all taken off successfully in the Campus. The School also introduced a weekend module for all its programs.
- The School launched its first book “Contribution of Business Management to sustainable Development on 28th September 2014.
Uniqueness of the Programmes Offered
- The School offers courses that are demand driven in order to meet the changing dynamics of the business environment.
- The School produces skilled labour force with a high level of integrity to meet the challenges of the dynamic business environment.
- Learners are equipped with the modern business management skills necessary to solve complex organizational problems in areas such as marketing, finance, accounting, business administration, management of human resources, management science, banking and financial services.
School of Business Programmes
1.Ordinary Diploma in Business Management
2.Diploma in Marketing
3.Diploma in Purchasing and Supply.
4.Advanced Diploma in Business Management
1.Bachelor of Commerce with the following options:
- Human Resources Management,
- Banking and Financial Services, andManagement
2.Master of Business Administration, MBA (Day and Evening) with specialization in any of the following:
- Strategic Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Electronic Commerce
3.Doctor of Business Administration – Specialization
- Human Resources Management.