Strathmore University Library Opening Hours, to become a world-class scholarly information service provider and a primary partner in teaching, learning and research in the University.
Our Mission: To bring together quality resources, knowledgeable staff and leading edge technology to advance scholarly inquiry, research and life-long learning, fostering human formation and service to society
|Excellence through the sanctification of work – we strive for excellence and the highest quality output, and the joy of always giving great service|
Freedom and responsibility – we respect the freedom of the individual person, with the acknowledgement that with freedom comes responsibility for one actions
Ethical practice – we honor the beliefs, morals and values of our industry and help others to do the same
Personalized attention – we seek to provide a welcoming environment where our patrons and other stakeholders can receive individual and customized services and support
Subsidiarity – we seek to provide solutions at the most immediate level to a need
Collegiality – we respect one another’s commitment to a common purpose and work together to meet the needs of our clients
Life-long learning – we equip our patrons with skills and tools for innovation and adaptability, and contribute to a person’s development of mind and body, intelligence, sensitivity, aesthetic appreciation and spirituality throughout their lives
Service to society – we advance knowledge and strengthen society’s capacity to grow and innovate
|Library Rules & Regulations|
Library rules and regulations should be followed to enable fair access and use of library facilities by all users. Failure to do so will result in the withdrawal of library rights, suspension of
library rights, or suspension from the university.
1. Students will be issued with a library card at the admissions office. If the card is lost, PLEASE REPORT IMMEDIATELY. A replacement will be issued at a fee.
2. Library items should not be taken out without proper authorization. Theft or attempted theft of library items, equipment, furniture or furnishings is proscribed.
3. All communication gadgets including cell phones, pagers, radios, beepers etc should be put on silent mode before entering the library. No call should be made or received in the library.
4. All bags, briefcases, overcoats etc should be left at the baggage store at the library entrance.
5. The library is a place for silent, private study. Consultations, discussions, group study etc should not be held in the library. The university provides many other areas on campus for this.
6. Smoking and sleeping are not allowed in the library.
7. Foods and drinks should not be taken to the library.
8. Books shall not bemarked in any way e.g. by underlining, writing, ticking etc.
9. Respect the borrowing guidelines for various categories of books.
10. Reference and special collection items should not be taken out of the library.
11. Defacing, mutilating or damaging library items, facilities, equipment, furniture or furnishing or willfully altering or destroying identification marks relating to ownership or location of library items, equipment, furniture or furnishings is not allowed.
12. Users shall not obtain or use a library card under false pretences.
13. Use or possession of items from other libraries that are either overdue or have evidence of having been removed without proper authorization will be confiscated.
Users are encouraged to be vigilant and to report other library users who are breaking library rules to any library staff member.
Report any items in short supply such as books to the staff at the issue desk.
Communication to users is through email, notice boards, continuous user education and point of service areas.
|OPENING AND CLOSING HOURS|
|Monday to Friday||7.00 am – 9.00 pm|
|Saturday||8.00 am – 7.30 pm|
|Sunday||1.00 pm – 6.00 pm|
|EVENT NAME||OPENING HOURS||EVENT DATE||EVENT DESCRIPTION|
|Jamuhuri Day||Closed||December 12th 2019, Thursday||Jamuhuri Day Closure|
|Mashujaa Day||Closed||October 21st 2019, Monday||Library Closed|
|Mashujaa Day||Closed||October 20th 2019, Sunday||Library Closed|
|2019 Graduation Ceremony||Open at 2.00 pm||June 28th 2019, Friday||The main University Library remains closed in the morning|
|2019 Graduation Ceremony Rehearsal||Closed 2.30 pm – 4.00 pm||June 27th 2019, Thursday||Closed 2.30 pm – 4.00 pm|
|Madaraka Day||Closed||June 1st 2019, Saturday||Library Closed|
|Labour Day||Closed||May 1st 2019, Wednesday||Labour Day|
|Easter Monday||Closed||April 22nd 2019, Monday||Easter Monday|
|Easter Sunday||Closed||April 21st 2019, Sunday||Easter Sunday|
|Holy Saturday||Closed||April 20th 2019, Saturday||Holy Saturday|
|Good Friday||Closed||April 19th 2019, Friday||Good Friday|
|Christmas Break – 2018||Closed||January 1st 2019, Tuesday||Christmas Break – 2018|
|Christmas Break – 2018||Closed||December 31st 2018, Monday||Christmas Break – 2018|
|Christmas Break – 2018||Closed||December 30th 2018, Sunday||Christmas Break – 2018|
|Christmas Break – 2018||Closed||December 29th 2018, Saturday||Christmas Break – 2018|
|Christmas Break – 2018||Closed||December 28th 2018, Friday||Christmas Break – 2018|
|Christmas Break – 2018||Closed||December 27th 2018, Thursday||Christmas Break – 2018|
|Christmas Break – 2018||Closed||December 26th 2018, Wednesday||Christmas Break – 2018|
|Christmas Break – 2018||Closed||December 25th 2018, Tuesday||Christmas Break – 2018|
|Christmas Break – 2018||Closed||December 24th 2018, Monday||Christmas Break – 2018|
|Christmas Break – 2018||Closed||December 23rd 2018, Sunday||Christmas Break – 2018|
|Christmas Break – 2018||Closed||December 22nd 2018, Saturday||Christmas Break – 2018|
|Christmas Break – 2018||Closed||December 21st 2018, Friday||Christmas Break – 2018|
|Christmas Break – 2018||7am – 12.30pm||December 20th 2018, Thursday||Closed at 12.30pm till January 2019|
|EVENT NAME||OPENING HOURS||EVENT DATE||EVENT DESCRIPTION|