Apply for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Women in Business Scholarships
The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarships are awarded to women undertaking business studies who have demonstrated outstanding potential in the field.
Zonta International offers scholarships of US$1,000 each at the district level and twelve international scholarships in the amount of US$5,000 each.
Any woman undertaking a business and/or business-related program at an accredited university/college/institute, in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of a master’s program at the time the application is submitted, is eligible to apply.
The scholarship may be used at any university, college or institute offering accredited courses and degrees.
Women Business Scholarships – Who is Eligible?
Women undertaking a business or business-related program who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field and are living or studying in a Zonta region/district are eligible.
On-line students are also eligible.
Women in Business Scholarships Requirements
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be undertaking a business and/or business-related program at an accredited university/college/institute.
- Enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of a master’s program at the time the application is submitted (applicants must still be attending school to receive this award).
- Achieved an outstanding academic record during her academic studies, including business- related subjects.
- Demonstrated initiative, ambition and commitment to pursuing a career in business.
- Living or studying in a Zonta region/district.Scholarships for Women – Awards
The scholarship award of US$5,000 may be used for tuition, books or living expenses at any university, college or institution offering accredited business courses and degrees.
Scholarships for Women – Applications
Applications must be completed in English.
English translations must accompany all non-English documents.
In addition to completing the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship application, applicants must also submit:
- One confidential letter of recommendation from a faculty member in the major field of study.
- One confidential letter of recommendation from an employer, volunteer supervisor, or academic advisor.
- An essay in 500 words or less that clearly describes your academic and professional goals, the relevance of your program to the business field and how the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship will assist you in reaching your goals.
- Verification of enrollment from the university/college/institute registrar.Applicants must be nominated by a local Zonta Club.
To apply, please e-mail your name and contact information to Zonta International Headquarters (aubides [at] zonta.org).For more information, visit: Women in Business Scholarship