Apply for Working to Advance African Women Foundation Scholarship
Working to Advance African Women (WAAW) foundation scholarship program offers $500/year for need-based female African students admitted to a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa.Working to Advance African Women Foundation Scholarship:
These scholarships for women in Africa are renewable annually, following proof of the student’s continued academic performance. Scholarships application deadline is December every year.
Africa Women Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
Female students of African origin, who have gained admission to an institution of higher learning in Africa.
- Able to demonstrate financial need.
- Excellent academic record.Special consideration will also be given to underprivileged students, orphans and children of widows, students in the first or second year of study, and students admitted to engineering, math, technology and science based programs.
Your application package must include the following:
- Application form (download in PDF format).
- Curriculum vita or resume.
- A 1-2 page essay on your future career goals and how you expect the Working to Advance African Women (WAAW) foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from academic mentors/advisors.
- Current University transcrips, if applicable.Please complete all sections of the application form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation.
Completed application forms and supporting documents should preferably be submitted electronically (with subject heading: Scholarship).
For further details about the Africa women scholarships, see: Advance African Women Foundation Scholarship