Mount Kenya University Jobs 2016, Mount Kenya University is one of the leading universities in Kenya. The University has grown in size and stature to become a fully-fledged university in 2011 when it was awarded a charter by the Commission for University Education (formerly CHE) in Kenya. It is also a member of Inter- University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) and Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and ISO 9001:2008 Certified.
|PART-TIME TEACHING / ASSOCIATE FACULTY|
The university wishes to recruit part-time teaching staff to complement the existing full-time human resource in Teaching, Learning, Research and Development. The successful applicants will be part of a team that will work towards imparting practical and technical oriented skills with an aim of producing well rounded graduates who will have a competitive edge in the job market.
Applicants with industrial and relevant experience that matches with the academic programmes on offer by the university such as Pharmaceutical, Health, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Journalism, Legal, Engineering, Pure and Applied Sciences among others will have an added advantage.
The university has a new Human Resource policy on recruiting and managing part time/ associate faculty and adjunct staff. The policy is in tandem with the university’s strategic focus of establishing strong university-industry partnerships and linkages.
The University invites qualified and experienced applicants for limited and rationalized part-time teaching vacancies in various disciplines tenable in Colleges and Schools as follows:
- College of Health Sciences (School of Pharmacy, School of Nursing, School of Clinical Medicine, Medical School, School of Public Health, School of Health Sciences)
- School of Business and Economics
- School of Law
- School of Education
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Pure and Applied Sciences
- School of Computing and Informatics
- School of Engineering, Energy and the Built Environment
- School of Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Management
- School of Post-Graduate Studies
- Must be a holder of relevant PhD from a recognized university. Or
- At least a Master’s degree from MKU or other recognized universities with evidence of having registered for PhD (Have completed the coursework).
- Minimum of two (2) years of university teaching in a recognized university or five years industrial experience in the relevant field. (Please attach evidence of appointment).
- Evidence of successful postgraduate student’s supervision.
- Letter of recommendation from your immediate former or current supervisor.
- Be registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable).
- A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate(s).
- The university will vet all the applications and those cleared will form the university’s central database and will be eligible to teach at any campus of Mount Kenya University. Kindly indicate your preferred campus. Applications based on canvassing will not be processed.
- In regards to Mount Kenya University part-time lecturers, only those who have officially cleared their claims are eligible to apply.
Interested persons should submit soft copies of the Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae only clearly indicating their qualifications, academic and industry achievements, e-mail address, day time mobile/telephone contacts and names of three (3) referees, current position and remuneration to the Chief / Human Resource Director, Mount Kenya University, through email address; [email protected] on or before 22nd January 2016.
Visit www.mku.ac.ke or www.cue.or.ke for more details on academic programmes developed and approved by Senate in accordance with the Universities Act 2012.
MKU is an equal opportunity employer and Persons with disability and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.