Daystar University Requirements, the admission requirement is a system use to select the best students into the school. All student looking forward to gain admission into the school must meet the requirement before applying
The minimum requirement for enty into Daystar Certificate program is:
- D+ (plus) mean grade in KCSE or its equivalent.
The minimum requirement for entry into Daystar diploma programme is:
- C- (minus) in KCSE or
- Two Subsidiaries in ‘A’ Level; or
- Division IV (Four) in KCE Certificate with a credit pass in Mathematics, English and four (4) other units; or Three (3) credits in GC E, or
- Other equivalent qualifications as may be approved by the University Senate.
Diploma in Communication
- C- (minus) and C (plain in English).
To join Daystar Bachelor’s programme a candidate needs a C+ (plus) and above in KCSE or, 5 Credits in IGCSE; or 2 Principal passes in ‘A’ level or Division 2 in GCE or 50% from other countries using percentages; or CPA (K) entry to commerce degree. Some majors have additional requirements, kindly see the University Catalogue for details.
For BA in Communication aminimum of C+ in English is required. On admission, applicants with a B- in English will be required to do ENG 214 while those admitted with a C+ in English will be required to do ENG 098 and ENG 214.
The entry requirement is a Bachelors degree from an accredited university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.00, or a degree awarded with First Class or an Upper Second Class Honours. Those whose GPA is 2.5 or who have Lower Second Class Honours and a Higher Diploma with relevant experience may be considered if the degree or diploma is relevant to the field of study.