Mount Kenya University Distance Learning, the Principal, Open, Distance & electronic learning shall report to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic and Research Affairs and will be responsible and accountable with strategic planning, development, and delivery oversight of e-Learning initiatives at the University.
Principal Responsibilities are:
- Overseeing the work of the staff assigned to e-Learning; planning and managing the departmental budgets; developing and implementing strategies in support of eLearning.
- Monitoring Open, distance and electronic learning programmes.
- Liaising with various schools to schedule online courses and video conference courses.
- Evaluating new tools (internal and external) as they relate to best pedagogical practices and implications for faculty development.
- Overseeing and Co-coordinating new web-based courses for instructional delivery.
- Exploring and implementing innovative products to support e-learning-centered University.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in managing an online learning department.
- Knowledge of traditional and online (web-based) instructional delivery
- Understanding of the functionality of Learning Management Systems Knowledge of alternative electronic delivery methods with attention to curriculum alignment and quality assessment
- Problem-solving abilities
- Adaptable to innovation and new methodologies; Creativity
- Excellent communication skills
- Supervisory and leadership skills