Mount Kenya University Certificate Collection, this is to notify you that due to unavoidable circumstances, academic certificates for Mount Kenya University 25thJuly Graduates will not be available on 18 th August ,2014 as was previously announced during the graduation.
Collection of Certificates / Revocation
I) COLLECTION OF CERTIFICATES
- Graduates associated with the 11th graduation ceremony held on 9th December, 2016 ,who have cleared their financial and other University obligations, returned graduation gowns and have not yet collected their certificates are advised to do so.
- Collection of certificates for previous graduation ceremonies- Graduates who have not collected their certificates and transcripts since Thika Institute of Technology (Precursor to Mount Kenya University) to date are informed to collect on or before 30th April, 2017. The University Board of Management has waived all penalties arising from storage of these certificates.However, all other obligations must be fulfilled before collection.
2. WITHDRAWAL/ REVOCATION OF CERTIFICATES
Following Mount Kenya university Quality Assurance processes and in accordance with powers of the university as indicated in the Mount Kenya university Charter 2011, Section 6(d) – “Revoking or withdrawing of a certificate, Diploma, Degree or an award already conferred, granted or awarded to a person” the university senate in its various meetings resolved that the following certificates and transcripts to remain revoked and withdrawn with immediate effect:
i) JOSPHAT OBARA NYAKERURI Admission Number MBA/2013/54068- Conferred a Master’s degree in Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) during the 8th Graduation ceremony held on the 7th of August, 2015.
Reason: Examination-related fraud.
ii) ISAYA IKIAO KOBIA Admission Number BBM/2013/54671 – Conferred a Bachelor of Business Management degree during the 11th graduation ceremony held on the 9th December, 2016.
Reason: Fraudulent admission documents from Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) and Kenya Institute of Management (KIM).
- The above named persons have already been notified of the university decision of revocation and withdrawal of their certificates.
- The university advises prospective applicants that presentation of fraudulent academic certificates for the purposes of gaining admission to learning institutions or employment opportunities is a criminal offence which is punishable by law.
Collection of 13th Graduation Certificates
The University management wishes to inform all the graduates of the 13th graduation that the certificates are ready for collection from all MKU campuses. Graduates are requested to collect the certificates from their respective campuses in the examinations’ office from Friday 5th January 2018.
1. Duly filled online clearance form which must be stamped by the finance office.
2. An original student ID and National ID.
Previous Graduation Certificates.
All graduates who have graduated in the previous graduation ceremonies are requested to collect their certificates without further delay. All certificates which are not collected will attract annual storage fee.