Maseno University Finance Department, The Department of Accounting and Finance falls under the school of Business and Economics which has Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A) amongst other programmes. The B.B.A. programme offers specialization in various areas including Accounting and Finance. The Department is in charge of two areas of specialization viz Accounting and Finance.
The specializations equip the students with business and professional skills and emphasis on ethical standards and practices.
The specializations are designed to mould professionals of high integrity, creativity and and commitment.
The specializations are offered at both under graduate and post graduate level at Siriba Campus, Kisumu City Campus College, Homa Bay Leaning Centre, Regional Institute of Business Management (RIBM), Nairobi Institute of Advanced Technology – (IAT – Nairobi) and The e-campus.
The Overall Goal:
The overall goal of the specializations is to produce graduates with wide ranging skills, knowledge and exposure to respond to the need for effective management of private and public sector.
The specializations aim to produce graduates with entrepreneurial and problem solving mindsets through the use of appropriate instructional technologies.
- Applicants must satisfy the minimum entry requirements for admission to the university.
- Applicants must satisfy the entry requirements for admission to the Faculty of Science
The department offers course within the degree structure as spelt out by the faculty.
- The Department offers courses in terms of units as defined by the Faculty; a unit is defined as one hour lecture per week per semester, or two hours of tutorial per week per semester, or three hours of practical work per week per semester.
- There are CORE, ELECTIVE and REQUIRED courses. CORE courses are mandatory, while ELECTIVE courses may be chosen by students from an approved list of courses in fulfilling the full-time load requirement.
- The normal fulltime load for one academic year shall be at least 40 units but not more than 48 units.
Course units from the department shall be distributed as follows:
- A minimum of 12 units in each of the first two years and a minimum of 21 units in each of the subsequent two years for the 22.214.171.124. degree pattern; and
- A minimum of 12 units in each of the first two years and a minimum of 42 units in each of the subsequent two years for the 126.96.36.199. degree pattern.
- The general University examination regulations shall apply.
- A written research project shall be marked out of 100% marks.