Laikipia University Vice Chancellor, I feel humbled as I take over as the second Vice Chancellor of Laikipia University. I appreciate the Government through the Ministry of Education, the Chancellor and the University Council, the University Management, the University Senate, Staff, Students and all the Stakeholders for your effort and support in establishing this University.
As a team, we remain committed to achieving the vision of the University; “A University for Valued Transformation of the Society”. This will be attained through our commitment to the University’s stated mission to serve the Students and Society through research, education, scholarship, training, outreach and consultancy. We endeavour to work in a consultative manner in all our undertaking to achieve the goal of the University. Let us all pull together in one direction.
I believe that this website will effectively provide the necessary information and answer to questions you may wish to ask about Laikipia University, our academic programmes, our staff and other activities.
- Pursuing MBA (Strategic Management) at Jomo Kenyatta University of Science and Technology
- Post Doctorate in Medical Informatics from Indiana University, Indiana USA in 2001;
- Ph.D. in Mathematics – Operations Research from Shanghai University of Science and Technology in 1995;
- Msc. Statistics from University of Southampton, Southampton, UK in 1990;
- BSc. Mathematics and Statistics, University of Nairobi in 1983.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR
According to Laikipia University Statute III, the Vice-Chancellor has the following responsibilities:
- The executive academic and administrative head of the University and, as such, is responsible to the Council for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the University. In this respect, the Vice-Chancellor may take intervention measures pending Council and Senate action.
- A member of every Committee established by the Council or Senate.
- The overall academic and administrative head of the University and is the accounting officer of the University.
- Responsible for policy matters, planning, and coordination, public relations, fund raising and general development of the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor, acting on behalf of the Council, is the disciplinary authority of the University in respect to student conduct as stipulated in paragraph 1 of Statute XXV.
- The Vice-Chancellor has such other powers and duties as may be conferred by the Council in accordance with the Laikipia University Charter of 19th February, 2013.
- The Vice-Chancellor may assign or delegate any duties of office to a Committee or to a member of the University staff and may withdraw any such assignment or delegation at any time.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Council from time to time.
The Vice-Chancellor is the Chairperson of:
- The University Management Board;
- Ethics and Integrity Committee, whose membership and function shall be in accordance with the government laid down regulations and procedures;
- Quality Assurance and Standards Committee; and
- Appointments Committee (at the level of Grades XIII and XIV).
The Departments under the jurisdiction of the Vice Chancellor are:
Security, Procurement, Internal Audit, Quality Assurance and Standards, Legal Office and Public Relations.
Physical Address- Main Campus, Nyahururu
Postal Address: P.O. Box 1100-20300, Nyahururu, Kenya
TEL: +254-(0) 20 2331509
Cell: +254 713-552761