Head of Academic Affairs (HOAA) Job Opportunity
Head of Academic Affairs (HOAA) Job Opportunity is available for all interested applicants. Applicants interested in the Head of Academic Affairs (HOAA) Jobs are to apply following the guidelines below.
- Job Type
- : Full Time
- Job Category
- : Business Administration
- Closing Date
- : October 2nd, 2017
- : Nairobi
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, hospitality, education and technology; Cytonn Education Services is our affiliate for making investments into the education sector.
Cytonn Education Services, CES, has the mandate to provide the education services component of our comprehensive master-planned developments such as day care centers for The Alma in Ruaka, Taraji Heights in Ruaka, and The Ridge in Ridgeways. CES also has the mandate to set up comprehensive education institutions for RiverRun Estates in Ruiru and Newtown in Athi River. As part of this mandate, CES is setting up a Technical College. The Technical College shall provide a comprehensive curriculum, seeking to offer exemplary training that will equip our students with relevant technical skills. At the technical college, we shall be committed to offering the best college experience to our students. We shall also offer employment to a significant number of our graduates in disciplines such as plumbing, carpentry, electrical, masonry, and painting. We are therefore looking to acquire and retain the best talent, to enable us achieve this vision.
Reporting to the CES Business Manager, the Head of Academic Affairs (HOAA) will formulate, implement, supervise and evaluate policy guidelines on planning, development and management of academic activities in all our technical college campuses so as to ensure achievement of academic quality in line with the expectations of all the stakeholders.
- Development and ensure a harmonised implementation of the institutions’ curriculum, academic policies and procedures across all campuses;
- Development and implementation of performance score cards for all Head of Departments, Course coordinators, lecturers and all other academic staff;
- Oversee the development, and administration of common internal examinations;
- Ensure that a conducive learning environment is maintained and put in place measures to ensure students maintain high level of discipline in classes and within the college premises;
- Ensure the proper utilization of Head of Departments’, course coordinators and lecturers’ work hours as guided by the college policy;
- Organize and chair academic staff meetings on a regular basis;
- Endeavour to develop and maintain a motivated workforce that will ensure high academic performance across all the campuses;
- Facilitate students’ readmission, referrals, intercampus transfers, change of course, deferrals and ensure timely but conditional issuance of the students’ letters; and
- Ensure digitisation of the syllabi delivery in all the campuses.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Be an approved Manager by the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority(TVETA);
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in either Education, Business Administration, Economics, Hospitality, or Accountancy. Possession of a Master’s degree in relevant disciplines will be an added advantage;
- Have teaching knowledge and experience, and a distinguished college career experience of not less than 5 years, preferably as a head of department;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the Ministry of Education’s and TVETA’s college guiding policy;
- Should have outstanding presentation, teaching, interviewing, problem analysis and listening skills;
- Should demonstrate the ability to grow, support and develop young talents;
- Knowledge of current academics and curriculum areas relevant to technical institutions;
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Ability to probe for, analyse and synthesize information, as well as express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to make quick yet sound decisions;
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, and be persistent;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, self-driven attitude towards work, and commitment to the mission of the institutions;