Application Security Intern Job Opportunity
Application Security Intern Job Opportunity is available for all interested applicants. Applicants interested in the application security intern job opportunity are to put in their application before the closing date of application.
- Job Type
- : Full Time
- Job Category
- : IT
- Closing Date
- : September 26th, 2017
- : Nairobi
Cytonn Technologies (CT) is the Technology affiliate of Cytonn Investments, an alternative investments management firm with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and the D.C. Metro Area in the US. Cytonn Technologies is a respected technology solutions provider that offers innovative, differentiated and efficient technology products and support, web-based solutions and integrated business solutions.
The Application Security internship is an intensive program that is meant to indulge the skills of the interns in static code analysis, application infrastructure security, application risk assessment, application vulnerability assessment, etc. with a view of growing expertise in the aforementioned domains. The position is a three-month program of which the best performing candidates are given an offer to join our Cyber Security team and be a part of our world class technology division which offers differentiated products to our clients to give them a competitive edge.
- Set up and monitor applications for intrusion detection and protect applications against common vulnerabilities
- Secure application infrastructure (servers and databases) against intrusion, ensuring they’re regularly patched against known vulnerabilities
- Manage vulnerability reporting in all applications and systems, including open source software that the applications run on
- Perform static code analysis (SCA) on applications to identify vulnerabilities and report to software engineers for fixing
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Knowledge and/or experience with threat analysis and penetration testing methodologies and tooling
- Previous experience in a development role, related to application development or DevOps
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or specialized training/certification.
- A grade of B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with good grades in math and languages
- Knowledge of at least one programming language, web application technologies and frameworks is an added advantage
- Knowledge of security issues affecting Internet-facing applications
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and UNIX/Linux environments
- Good knowledge on cybersecurity and information security
- Basic knowledge with browser security controls (CSP, XFO, HSTS), web application security topics such as OWASP
The candidate will learn about information security risk assessment, application code analysis,penetration testing among other technical skills. Cytonn also provides learning opportunities in personal financial management, and our real estate investment products.
The candidates will be required to undertake a simulation exercise and successful applicants will proceed to the next level of this recruitment process.