All About 2016/2017 Admission Forms For St Pauls University
St. Paul’s runs both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Each programme is conducted under its own basic rules but the following are some of the common academic and exam regulations that each student should familiarize themselves with as they continue their studies. Please refer to it for guidance and if what you are looking for is not in it then ask the relevant office.
MSc Data Analytics
MSc Data Analytics(MSc DA)
The MSc Data Analytics(MSc DA) – curriculum has been designed produce “hybrid managers technologists” who have trained both as specialist and non-of specialist graduates with strong technological, analytical and managerial skills required for the development of a senior manager whose understanding of Data analytics and the supporting Information Visualisation underpin a career in the information processing within the organisational context. The MSc Data Analytics curriculum has a strong emphasis on the Masters Dissertation practical industry based-projects that bring together the conceptual modelling knowledge, problem solving, business intelligence and independent critical thinking skills needed by data analytics and visualisation professionals.
MSc Data Communications
MSc Data Communications programme
MSc Data Communications programme is aimed at widening and deepening the experience of academically capable graduates and practising engineers. The purpose of the course is to provide exposure to the wide variety of technical, managerial and organisational issues essential to the provision of information technology for commercial application of data communication and Network systems.
MSc Information Systems Management
MSc. Information Systems Management (MSc ISM) – curriculum
The MSc. Information Systems Management (MSc ISM) – curriculum has been designed produce “hybrid managers technologists” who have trained both as specialist and non-of specialist graduates with strong technological, analytical managerial skills required for the development of a senior manager whose understanding of information management and the supporting information technology (IT) underpin a career in the management of Information Systems within the organisational context. The MSc in Information Systems Management curriculum has a strong emphasis on the Masters Dissertation projects that bring together the conceptual modelling knowledge, problem solving and independent critical thinking skills needed by information Systems management professionals.
CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMESAdmission into any certificate Programme at St. Paul’s University is KCSE grade D+ (plus) or its equivalents.
DIPLOMA PROGRAMMESAdmission into any diploma Programme at St. Paul’s University is KCSE mean grade of C- (minus) or its equivalents.
Candidates who do not qualify for a direct entry may be admitted in the first instance into a sixteen weeks bridging programme that is the pre university course, on the following conditions.
- KCSE mean score of C plain qualifies for a direct admission into a sixteen weeks pre-university programme.
- K.C.S.E mean grade C+ and above or its equivalent;
- A level with at least two principal passes and one subsidiary;
- G.P.A of 2.5 and above from Pre University;
A Bachelor’s degree with at least an upper Second class honors; or
A Bachelor’s degree with a lower Second Class Honors and two years work experience in a related field, or
A Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on 4.0 scale (B+) or the equivalent, from an accredited University.
If you have a qualification from outside Kenya, or you’re not sure if you meet the entry requirements, please contact us before applying (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Candidates from outside Kenya must fulfil the above criterion in their national University system or its equivalent. In addition, they must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- A level certificate with at least 2 principal passes
- 5 credits at o level
- The Uganda Certificate of Education (O’ level) with 5 credits or an equivalent qualification
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education Examination (A’ Level) with at least two principal passes or an equivalent qualification.
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) with at least two principal passes or its equivalent
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) or its equivalent with passes in five credits
- Diploma in the related area
GCSE / IGSE applicants
- IGCSE- 5 upper level passes (A, B, C, D, E)
- GCSE- 5 upper level passes at O’ level and/or A level passes of C
Credit transfers should be applied for latest two weeks after registration into the program of study i.e. in the first year; first semester. All Credit transfers should be paid for in the first year; first semester.
The University accepts credit transfers from public universities and private chartered Universities. Unless other agreements are made, the following are some of the terms of credit transfer:
- Transfer of credit should be applied for in writing to the HOD detailing the courses for which credit transfer is sought during the first week of the semester after joining the university.
- Transfer of credits will be within the same level of study, that is, only Degree level credits can be transferred to a degree level and in some cases Diploma level credits as determined by Senate. Those holding Diplomas from colleges, should have passed with a grade C and above in their form four exams if they have to be considered for credit transfer.
- Not all Diploma colleges are recognized by the Senate of St. Paul’s University.
- Only those subjects that carry a grade of B and above are transferable from Diploma colleges and a grade of C and above from a recognized University.
- Only up to a maximum of 57 credit hours or 19 units of 3 credit hours, or up to 43% of the total hours required for graduation in the department may be accepted for credit transfers.
- Holders of CPA (K) can get up to 22 credit units transferred.
- Transfer of credit will be paid for at Kshs.3,000 per unit apart from those with St. Paul’s Diplomas who will pay 25% of each unit cost. Fees for transfer of credits should be paid for as soon as the letter of credit transfer is received.
- Transfer of credits is done once when a student is admitted and has started the course not before starting the course.
- With Credit transfer, one does not qualify for a first class degree.
Admission letters will be issued from the REGISTRY OFFICE.