Strathmore University Financial Aid, Higher Education Loans Board, HELB is currently receiving applications for Diplomas, Undergraduate and Post-graduate applicants.
Apply by registering here: https://portal.helb.co.ke/auth/signup
In case you are having challenges with making an application, kindly reach out to the Financial Aid Office via [email protected] for any assistance.
Strathmore University Financial Aid Office
The Strathmore University Financial Aid Office administers several financial aid schemes in supporting the University achieve its mission to provide all-round quality education to needy and deserving students.
Types of Financial Aid
There are various internal and external Financial Aid Schemes in form of scholarships, loans, bursaries, work study, waivers etc. The eligibility criteria varies depending on the type of financial aid one is applying for.
- SU Merit and Need-Based
These are partial and full scholarships offered to students pursuing undergraduate, diploma and professional courses.
Strathmore University is committed to nurturing students who have demonstrated talent in sports. The award covers a percentage of the tuition fee.
- European Union
This is open to final year students in secondary schools who wish to study the following courses at Strathmore University in the coming year:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Business Information Technology
- Mathematics Contest
Strathmore University awards the best form four boy and girl in the country’s top Mathematics Contests. These students are awarded a tuition fees scholarship to pursue Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or Diploma in Business Information Technology (DBIT).
There are various types of loans available to students to enable them pursue various courses at Strathmore. Some of the loans include:
- Strathmore loan
This is a merit loan scheme that enables bright and needy students’ pursue undergraduate courses at Strathmore. Two of the determining factors used to select the students included good academic performance and proof of the family’s financial neediness.
- Kiva loan
Strathmore University has partnered with KIVA, an online platform that connects field partners to social investors, to offer a unique student loan which enables students to obtain tuition and laptop loans. Strathmore University is KIVA’s first non-traditional partner specializing in student loans.
Tuition and laptop loans are available to undergraduate degree students in the full-time program. To be eligible, a student must attend a Kiva Loan information session to understand the loan requirements and application process.
- HELB Loan
The Higher Education Loans Board awards various amounts of loans to university students with demonstrated financial need.
- Chase Bank Loan
With the Strathmore-Chase Bank Student Loans scheme you can now get financing for your tuition fee while enjoying flexible payment terms that are linked to your course duration at a concessionary interest rate. For more details, visit Chase Bank at the Strathmore University Student’s Centre.
- Family Benefit: – This rebate is awarded to parents with two or more children undertaking a degree course at the University. The rebate goes to the student with a higher average grade each academic year. Application for the Family Rebate is done annually by filling in a Family Fee Benefit Form and attaching copies of birth certificates and academic transcripts and submitting them to the Financial Aid Office.
- Academic Excellence Rebate – Strathmore University awards fee rebates to top students who excel in class annually. The students must be in the top three positions in their respective dean’s list with an equally impressive disciplinary record.
These are grants based on need and outstanding academic ability and are normally awarded to students who meet additional criteria that may be set by the donor. Some of our partners are Strathmore University Staff Giving, Mzima Co-operative society, Rattansi Educational Trust, Rahimtullah Foundation, Langalanga Scholarship Fund, Wanawake kwa Wanawake among others.
- Work study
The Work Study program is a partial scholarship designed to give students with demonstrated financial need an opportunity to work part-time on Campus to meet their educational expenses. Student assistant may be placed in the library, help-desks, computer labs and any other units offering student services.
- Grad-Prep College Counselling
Study overseas on Scholarship at an Ivy league or top global universities. Get support for GRE or GMAT/TOEFEL exams. Get support for graduate school scholarship or Financial Aid applications. SU FAO Grad Prep links: https://sites.google.com/strathmore.edu/gprep/
Applying for financial aid is done annually, paying attention to deadlines is crucial. Obtain, read, complete, and return your application early.
- Students must apply for financial aid online through this link: https://su-sso.strathmore.edu/fa
- Ensure that you meet the requirements for financial aid you wish to apply.
- Attach the necessary supporting documents such as copies of your KCSE results and SU admission letter.
- For continuing students, attach a copy of your completed HELB application form.
- Await notification on the status of your financial aid application, if your application is successful, you will be given an offer letter. Carefully review and follow the terms and conditions on the financial aid offer letter.
- Return the completed financial aid offer letter on or before the stated deadline.
- Your financial aid will be credited to your student account after all financial aid award requirements are met. No funds will be disbursed to your student account unless you have complied with all the requirements.
- Students must register for the units they will take each semester and fill-in a Fee Payment Request Form at the Financial Aid Office within the first two weeks of the semester.