Pwani University Graduation, Pwani University will strive to be dynamic, responsive and provide quality education, training, research, outreach and opportunities for innovation for the advancement of the individual and society.
The University is committed to invest its infrastructure and human resources so as to enhance the discovery, transmission, preservation and enhancement of knowledge and to stimulate the intellectual growth and participation of students in the economic, social, cultural, scientific and teclnological development of Kenya.
The University will offer and disseminate knowledge in all disciplines relevant to the daily life of Kenyans for the purpose of enlightening and enabling students and others to improve their standards of living, provide for intellectual advancement and uplift their spiritual and moral status.
Ceremony at the Graduation Venue
• Members of the Assembly stand up as the Academic and Chancellor’s Processions enter the Graduation Venue
• The Kenya National Anthem – The Band
• Members of the Assembly sit after the Chancellor is seated
• The Vice-Chancellor constitutes the Assembly as a Congregation of the University.
• Vice-Chancellor addresses the congregation and invites the chairperson of the Council to address the Congregation
• The Chairperson of the Council addresses the congregation and invites the Principal Secretary, State Department of Science and Technology to address the congregation
• The Principal Secretary, State Department of Science and Technology addresses the congregation and invites the Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Education to address the congregation
• The Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Education addresses the congregation and invites the Chancellor to address the congregation
• The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Students Affairs) invites the Deans of Schools to present candidates to the Chancellor for the Award of Certificates and Diplomas and Conferment of Degrees in the following order: (details are in the table on the next page)
– School of Agricultural Sciences and Agribusiness including administration of paraprofessional Oath of allegiance for the Diploma in Animal Health and Management and Bachelor of Science in Animal Health and Production. – School of Business and Economics
– School of Environmental and Earth Sciences
– School of Humanities and Social Sciences
– School of Pure and Applied Sciences
– School of Health and Human Sciences including administration of Nursing pledge
– School of Education