Maasai Mara University Christian Union, Welcome to Maasai Mara University Christian Union! We have heaps of things happening in CU and you can join as much or as little as you want. We’ll kindly get some details from you for CU membership registration in order to let you know what’s happening. Please fill out all sections and submit the form at the end.
To be a generation that serves Christ in truth and spirit for the sake of inheriting the Kingdom of God
A BRIEF HISTORY
The rebirth of Maasai Mara University Christian Union was in 2013 when the institution, formerly known as Narok University College Christian Union (N.U.C.C.U), was fully chartered by His Excellency the then-President Mwai Kibaki. At the Union’s inception back in the year 2007, shortly after the establishment of Narok University College, then Narok TTC. The NTTC worked closely with the university counterparts until its last batch of students departed. In August 2009, a handing over ceremony was held and the University Christian Union was handed the mantle of foreseeing the spreading of the gospel at the University College, in a ceremony overseen by Bishop Shadrack Ochuodho and Isaac Ting Asha respectively.
The birth of the Union came as a result of born-again students meeting that saw the need of having the Christian Union in the Campus community. The brethren unanimously agreed that the fellowship is absolutely necessary to oversee the activities of Christians and work of spreading the gospel. At the time of its establishment, the student population was very small. The Christian Union has since then grown tremendously up to date.
We now have a population of about 1500 believers. Glory be to God.
To be a generation that serves Christ in Truth and Spirit for the sake of inheriting the Kingdom.
To create an environment that will enable people to grow spiritually with the full fear and knowledge of God, Spirit of Togetherness and sending the message of brotherly love to all communities in Kenya and beyond. Agape will be the driving force.
- To deepen and strengthen the spiritual life of its members by the Study of the Bible, by Prayer and by Christian Fellowship.
- To witness the Lord Jesus Christ as God Incarnate and to seek to lead others to a personal faith and commitment to Him.
- To promote unity and teamwork among its members.
- To encourage responsible church membership
- To make contact with other Christian organizations and institutions for fellowship.
OUR DOCTRINAL BASIS
- The Unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in God the Head.
- The Sovereignty of God in the creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire truthfulness of the Holy Scriptures originally given and its Supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all men since the FALL rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion, and pollution of solely through the sacrificial death of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God as our representative.