Laikipia University Registrar, the Office of the Registrar is the technical arm of the Academic Division. The department is headed by the Registrar, who works under the direction of the Deputy Vice – Chancellor (Academic and Research).
According to Laikipia University Statutes, 2013, Statute VII, Registrar Academic affairs shall be responsible for the management of academic matters.
The Office of Registrar (AA) is specifically in charge of :
- Advertising for academic programmes
- Preparing letters of offer for government and self-sponsored students
- Registering fresh and continuing students
- Facilitating participation in shows, expos and exhibitions
- Maintaining students’ nominal roll
- Issuing University Identity cards to students
- In collaboration with Finance Department, ensuring all fee is paid
- Writing recommendation letters to students as requested
- Dealing with students’ deferment and inter-university transfer cases
- Acting as an institution memory (records keeper) for students and courses on behalf of the University. In doing this, provides important services to the student and academic communities. This underpins a student’s academic experience from application through to graduation, including enrolment, fee paying, assessment, complaint, discipline, graduation, and final transcript production.
- Organizing and administering the records, registration and graduation functions, including final transcripts evaluations and Academic awards.
- Collecting, recording, maintaining and reporting of student records to the Ministry, regulators and other stakeholders.
- Overseeing the complete graduation process including all elements of the rehearsal and ceremony.
- Issuing Degree/Diploma certificates to graduated students.
Examination and Timetabling
- Preparing teaching timetables for all programmes.
- Co-ordinating and allocating lecture halls.
- Maintaining lecture halls in collaboration with other relevant departments.
- Preparing examination timetables for all programmes.
- Processing and coordinating all university examinations with confidentiality.
- Providing the necessary examination logistics and materials.
- Ensuring examination standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Facilitating invitation and working of external examiners at the end of the academic year.
- Ensuring the typing, copying, packaging, sealing and secure storage of examination papers throughout the examination process.
- Ensuring that students who have cleared their fee are issued with examination cards.
- Ensuring lecture halls and furniture is well maintained in consultation with maintenance department.
Provides secretarial and technical support to The University Senate and the following committees of Senate:
- Dean’s Committee
- Students’ Disciplinary Committee
Any other duties as may be delegated by the Vice-Chancellor or his/her designate.