Laikipia University Nyahururu Campus, the Campus was established in 2002 as the Centre for Continuing Education to cater for the training needs of the local community and offer educational opportunities to those interested in pursuing both vocational and higher education.
The Campus is located at the Gatero Building. It is also a few metres from the Nyahururu Town Clock and Kenol Petrol Station.
The Campus has both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and a number of diploma and certificate programmes. The programmes are as follows:
School of Education
- Master of Education (Educational Planning and Management)
- Master of Education (Curriculum and Instruction)
- Master of Education (Guidance & Counselling)
- Bachelor of Education (Arts) – Secondary option
- Bachelor of Education (science)- regular & school Based
- Bachelor of Education (Arts) – Primary option
- Bachelor of Education (ECDE) – School Based mode
- Diploma in Education (Arts and science)- regular and school based mode
School of Science and Applied Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Communication Technology
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology
- Computer Repair and Maintenance
- Certificate in Computer Applications
- Certificate in information and communication Technology
- Bridging in Mathematics
School of Humanities and Development Studies
- Masters of art in ( History, Religion, Kiswahili, Literature and Linguistic)
- Masters of art (Counselling Psychology)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of art (Criminology and Security Studies)
- Bachelor of science in Community Development
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Diploma and Certificate in Library and Records Management
The Campus has qualified staff for all courses. Whenever there is a shortfall, part-time lecturers are engaged to ensure that our students get value for their money.
The Campus has a well stocked library to cater for the needs of the various disciplines. We also have a cafeteria that caters for the students. However, students are expected to make arrangements for their accommodation. The staff is always ready to guide students on this.
We welcome you all to our Campus.