Laikipia University Library, the library mission is to provide quality services that enhance teaching, learning and research for fostering valued transformation of society.
To pro-actively avail user-centred library services to the community.
GOAL OF THE LIBRARY
To provide excellent information resources to the users.
LIBRARY CORE VALUES
- Our users are the core of all our operations.
- The Library staff are a valuable resource.
- Challenges are overcome while quality remains uncompromised.
FUNCTIONS OF THE LIBRARY
- Select and acquire relevant information resources for our users.
- Organize the resources using professional standards.
- Disseminate information through current awareness and selective dissemination of information, among other strategies, to ensure users exploit the resources.
- Provide guidance to the library’s resources through user education.
- Use of technology to make information resources accessible to the users.
- Recruit and develop qualified and dedicated staff to provide services professionally.
- Provide a wide range of services to our users to support their scholarly endeavours.
- Electronic resources
- The library subscribes to e-resources.
- Electronic databases are also available.
- Books and Journals
The Library has 30,000 volumes and has subscribed to a number of print journals.
- Newspapers and magazines
The Library has a wide variety of dailies and informative magazines.
- Past Examination Papers
University past examination papers are available to help users in their preparations for examinations.
- Theses and Dissertations
They are available for Masters and Doctorate levels on a variety of subjects.
- Newspaper indexes
Indexing is done on topics relevant to users.
- Library Catalogue Database
The Library has an updated catalogue of all the Library’s collection for users’ searching.
- Inter-library loan
Resources are borrowed from cooperating libraries according to the users’ need.
Welcome to the University Library.
For more Information, Please Contact :