KMTC HIGHER DIPLOMA IN MEDICAL EDUCATION
Based at MTC Nairobi, the department of Medical Education is mandated to train teachers to competently train students in all health related subjects.
The only department whose students are the KMTC lecturers, it trains them on how to apply the competencies gained to innovatively teach the curricula and mentor students.
The Ministry of health in 1979 realized the need for trained medical educators at training institutions and established the faculty of medical education at KMTC to train health professionals to become teachers in their fields of specialization.
The objective was to develop medical educators who could effectively plan teaching programs, teach, manage, conduct research and develop health learning materials in health training institutions.
- Health professionals in all cadres with qualifications at basic diploma level and above.
- Competence in Computer application and teaching methodology is a must.
- Three years working experience is a must.
- Health service and development
- Intellectual skills
- Teaching and learning,
- Research, design and methodology
- Curriculum development and evaluation,
- Assessing student learning
- Instructional materials development,
- Student support and mentoring
- Field teaching practice
Where course is offered
Graduates of this programme have ready job opportunities in the following places:
- Health training institutions.
- Research-based organizations.
- Health care institutions as clinical practice instructors and clinical practice examiners.
DURATION FOR THE KMTC HIGHER DIPLOMA IN MEDICAL EDUCATION
The duration for the program is one year
For further information contact:
Department of Pharmacy
Kenya Medical Training College,
P.O Box 30195, 00100
Phone: (254) – 020- 725711/2/3/4
Fax: (254) – 020- 2722907
Email: [email protected]