KMTC ACADEMIC YEAR
Below is the Kenya medical training college KMTC academic year calendar
(i) In-Service Courses: Advertisement: –
15th November to 15th January
Selection: Between end of February and 15th March.
(ii) Pre-Service Courses: Advertisement: –
Between 1st March and 15th April (Regular Category)
- Selection – first week of June
- Advertisement for Self Sponsored Students and Parallel – 1st week of July and selection 3rd week of July.
2. Reporting Dates:
- In-service (up-grading and Post-basic) 1st week of September
- Pre-service (Regular, Self Sponsored Students and Parallel) 2nd week of September.
3. Starting of Academic Year:
- 1st week of September
4. Beginning and end of Semesters/Terms:
Semesters: There will be two semesters with a short break in December (2 weeks) and long break in August (one full month).
- 1st Semester will run from 1st September to begining of February.
- 2nd Semester will run from beginning of March to end of July.
Term System: There will be three (3) terms in a year of 16 weeks each
- There will be two breaks – short one in December (2 weeks) and long one in August (4 weeks).
- 1st term to run from 1st week of September to 3rd week of December.
- 2nd term to run from 2nd week January to 2nd week of April.
- 3rd term to run from 3rd week of April to end of July.
5. (a) (i) Final Qualifying Examinations – Period (September classes)
- Examinations to be conducted and marked between 2nd week of June to end of July.
- Examinations Results Declaration to be in August.
- March class of Nursing Final Qualifying Examinations can be conducted and marked during this period also.
- Those referred for 3 months their examinations will be between last week of November and 1st week of December and results declared in the 2nd week of December.
- September class of Nursing Final Qualifying Examinations can be conducted and marked also during this period.
- Those referred for 6 months their exams will be between last week of February and 1st week of March and results will be declared in the 2nd week of March.
(b) Final Qualifying Examinations – Period (March classes)
- This will include Post-basic courses taking 18 months.
- Examinations will be conducted and marked in the Month of March.
- Declaration of results – 1st week of April.
- Supplementary examinations – for those referred for 3 months will be done together with the Final Qualifying Examinations of September class.
6. Block Timetables For Other Activities:
- Sports – 3rd week of October to end of November
- Community Service – 2nd Saturday of May
- College Graduation – 1st Thursday of December