Kisii University Library, the vision of the Library is to become an excellent information centre for academic and research activities of the University community, by providing a conducive environment for reading and learning.
Our Mission is to provide quality information services to support teaching, learning and research activities of the University. The Library endeavours to collect, organize and store relevant information materials both in print and electronic media and disseminate information to students and staff of the University. The Library believes on use of modern information technology to provide timely access to information by all users, to satisfy their present and future information needs.
To acquire and organize information resources and develop services to support quality teaching, learning and research.
To develop and maintain World class information resources in all formats needed for teaching, learning, research and innovation.
- To provide appropriate adequate technical information and infrastructure to maximize utilization of library information services.
- To facilitate access to various library collections and other information resources.
- To develop partnership and collaboration by working with other libraries nationally and globally to provide wider access to information resources.
- To ensure availability of excellent library environment for study, research and promotion of intellectual inquiry.
- To ensure preservation and conservation of library resources.
- To provide and maintain highly motivated and skilled staff.
Library Opening Hours
Monday to Friday 8 am -10 pm
Saturday: 8 a.m.-5 pm.
Monday to Friday 8am-8:30pm
Saturday to Sunday 9 a.m.-5pm
Public holidays: Closed