Apply now to the Wells Mountain Foundation Scholarships
Wells Mountain Foundation Scholarships: The purpose of the Foundation is primarily to support programs and individuals in developing nations or other situations of extreme poverty.
Each year the Foundation’s Empowerment Through Education program provides support to a number of students as they pursue various educational objectives.
Support is provided for post-secondary school (college, university, polytechnic, trade school). Support is not provided for graduate degrees or study in the US, UK or other developed countries.
Financial support is primarily to cover the costs of the education itself and directly related expenses including books and supplies.
Scholarships are generally granted for the full period of study, however, recipients must maintain good grades and provide copies of all semester reports and grades as they are received.
The scholarship can be discontinued at any time in the event of unsatisfactory performance.
The scholarship awards are determined by the ScholarshipCommittee of the Board of Directors of the Wells Mountain Foundation and awarded once a year.
The foundation does not require the applicant to pay an admission or processing fee or to buy a number to have the application reviewed.
Wells Mountain Foundation Scholarships Eligibility
An ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades.
- Will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world.
- Plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate.
- Has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship.
- May have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship.
- Submits a complete, legible application in English (please proof-read). Incomplete applications will not be considered.Scholarships Cover
Scholarships range from $300.US to a rare high of $3000.US and cover
- Tuition and fees.
- Books and materials.
- Room rent and meals.Scholarships do not Cover
- Education at a college, polytechnic or university in the United States, UK, Australia, or Europe (with one exception – Bergen Community College in Paramus, NJ, USA – foreign students in that college can apply).
- Masters or Doctorate degrees. A medical degree, however, is acceptable.
- Laptop computers, conferences or trips.
- Debts or past due tuition bills.
Applications must be received by April 1For more scholarship information and application materials, visit: Wells Mountain Foundation Scholarship