Apply Now for Kenya Oshwal Aid HELB Scholarships
Kenya Oshwal Aid HELB Scholarships: Oshwal Aid – a welfare arm of the Oshwal Education and Relief Board (OE&RB), in association with the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), invites eligible university students to apply for Scholarships.
Oshwal Kenya Scholarships – Vision:
OSHWAL AID envisages healthy communities, prospering in harmony with the natural environment and in which people are inspired to improve the quality of their own and lives of others.
Oshwal Kenya Scholarships – Mission:
OSHWAL AID assists communities around East Africa through a wide range of programmes in education, health, disaster relief and sustainable development, where such aid is delivered efficiently and effectively by Oshwal Community members throughout East Africa.
The scholarships will fund 20 students for the total tenure of study for an undergraduate degree program for both tuition and partial upkeep at Kshs.100,000/= per student per annum. The fund seeks to support needy first year students in Kenyan universities.
The courses of study for which the Oshwal Kenya Scholarships will finance are:
- Business Studies and Management
- Fine Arts
- Political Science
- Information Systems and Technology
- Environmental Studies
- PharmacyOshwal Aid emphasizes societal development of an individual. The establishment of this Scholarship Scheme in collaboration with the Higher Education Loans Board aims at assisting bright but financially needy students to pursue Higher Education at a Kenyan University.
This is in line with the Aims and Objectives of Oshwal Aid: “Sensitivity and Responsiveness to Societal needs and the right of every person to attain knowledge through education’
Oshwal Kenya Scholarships Eligibility
The applicant must:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen with a Residential Status in Kenya;
- Have sat for the KCSE or GCE or equivalent level not more than one year prior to the application;
- Have obtained a mean grade of B+ or equivalent and above, with at least B plain in English and Mathematics;
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, community service/spirit, concern for others, talent, concern about the environment and a solid character;
- Provide reference letters from two referees one of whom must be the secondary school head teacher.Conditions of the Oshwal Kenya Scholarships
- Must show proof of placement at a university;
- Is expected to provide progress reports from the university on a yearly basis to maintain funding for the ongoing period of study.Oshwal Aid and the Higher Education Loans Board reserves the right to discontinue the scholarship for students who fail to obtain the required grades for progression in the course of study or do not obtain satisfactory progress report from the university.
For more information and scholarship application forms, see:Kenya Oshwal Aid HELB Scholarships