How to apply for HELB Loan and get it
Follow How to apply for HELB Loan and get it in order to increase your chances of securing the HELB loan.
Below is a step by step guide on how to apply for HELB loan online. The procedure of online application includes the documents that one needs to have to help him or her when applying for HELB for the first time and online application guide. The maximum amount of HELB that each university student can get is ksh. 60,000 and the minimum HELB loan awarded to students is ksh. 35,000.
Although the procedure of HELB application is fully done online, One is required to download the HELB form after completing the filling so that it can be signed and submitted to HELB offices (Located at Anniversary Towers Nairobi). Some of the documents that you should have when starting to apply for HELB include.
- Any National ID card
- Bank Account (I will encourage you to use equity bank account. if you don’t have one, try and open as sson as possible)
- A KRA PIN (Go to any Cyber cafe and they will help you to generate a KRA pin from the Kenya Revenue Authority)
- Parents Details (Photocopy of Your Identification Card)
- KCSE AND KCPE RESULTS
- Email address
- Details of any three people who will be your guarantors that are already employed (You should have a copy of their ID)
If you already have the above details you are ready to get started with the HELB loan
- Visit the official HELB portal Here (Helb Registration)
- Click on the Tab Indicated create account to create your HELB account
- After logging into your account click on the link First Time Undergraduate Loan Application
- Start filling your form accurately. Don’t skip any step (You will be expected to fill personal details, education, university, parents, family expenses, guarantors, and Bank details). So make sure you have them.
- After you have completed filling your form accurately go to the homepage to confirm whether you have filled your form correctly
- After confirming that you have filled your form correctly go to home page and the click the icon indicated “Print form” to print your HELB Form.
- After filling your form, ensure that all the parts required to be signed have been signed
Here is the official HELB website is http://www.helb.co.ke/