ACE II Scholarship Application Form
The ACE II Scholarship Application Form are available for download and application. Read the text below to get the requirements and application procedures
MASTERS (MSc) AND DOCTORATE (PhD) SCHOLARSHIPS
Moi University is a public University located in Eldoret, Kenya. The University offers world class training both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. As a result of successful application of World Bank funding during the African Center of Excellence II bidding by Eastern and Southern African states, the University is hosting African Center of Excellence in Phytochemicals, Textile and Renewable Energy, ACEII-PTRE. The Center is, therefore, offering limited postgraduate scholarships for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) to highly deserving students on a competitive basis. The Center scholarships will be offered to both national and regional students in the following: Textile Engineering (MSc), Industrial Engineering (Msc) and Energy Studies (MSc and PhD). Doctorate (PhD) scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of three years (36 months) while Masters (MSc) scholarships will generally last for two years (24 months).
Only shortlisted candidates as per the following criteria will be considered:
• A minimum of Second Class Honours Upper Division or its equivalence in a Bachelor degree related to the field one is interested in. In case of PhD application, Master’s degree in a related field is a require- ment.
• The candidate must meet minimum requirement for admission into Masters and Phd programmes as stipulated by Moi University.
• All interested candidates must have a research concept paper that is in one of the programmes offered by the Center.
• Demonstration that one cannot afford to pay for his or her postgraduate programme will be a requirement.
• Proof of admission into the above stated programmes will be an added advantage.
The following candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the scholarship: female, regional, disadvantaged, marginalised groups and candidates with disabilities.
The Programs are scheduled to start in September, 2017. Eligible candidates interested in these programs are invited to apply. All interested candidates can apply by filling in a scholarship form, or can be obtained directly from the Center. The duly filled application form can either be returned directly to the Center, posted or emailed so as to reach the Center not later than 18th August 2017. All applications should be addressed to the following address:-
The Center Leader
African Center of Excellence II
Phytochemicals, Textile and Renewable Energy (ACEII-PTRE) Moi University
P.O. Box 3900-30100