University Of Nairobi Alumni
The vision of the University of Nairobi Alumni association is to take a leading role in the promotion of active and visible leadership in the community by fostering interaction among the Alumni, in the student community, families, friends and industry
Our mission is to safeguard the best interests of the members and to use their talents and resources in support of the University’s quest to achieving international distinction in quality teaching, research and community service.
We are driven by the values of courtesy, honesty, integrity, professionalism
The Association which is non political shall have the following objectives:
- To develop alumni programmes that promote effective networks amongst its members.
- To promote the academic, physical, moral and spiritual growth of the members of the University.
- To assist the University in the growth and advancement of its socio-cultural and co-curricular activities.
- To authorize, promote and assist in the formation of local and international chapters.
- To enhance the involvement of the University in Community Service.
- To make recommendations of those who can play leadership roles at the University.
- To initiate, organize and coordinate fundraising activities for the University.
- To assist the University to initiate, organize and sustain programmes such as; –
- The Outstanding Achievement Award.
- The Distinguished Service Award (alumni who has contributed most to the Community/ country)
- The Distinguished service Senior Alumnus Award (Alumni over 40 years of age Who have remarkable great achievements.)
- The Distinguished service Youth Alumnus Award (Alumni under the age of 40 Years who have great achievements).
- To act as a stimulating body in promoting the development of the Association, advancing the interests and promoting the welfare of its members.
- To liaise with Alumni Associations of other Institutions of Higher Learning both locally and internationally.
- To project a positive image of the University
How To Become A Member of University Of Nairobi Alumni
- Registration can now be done online, via our online registration form, simply click on the following link: UONAA online registation form. Fill in the online form and pay via our M-PESA Paybill Number 826300.
- Or click on the following link: UONAA PDF registation form, to download our Physical registration form, which is to be filled and returned to our Kenya Science Campus Office, flat 46.
- Staff Members of UON click on the following link: UON Check-Off form, to download the Check-Off form which should be filled out and returned to our Kenya Science Campus Office, flat 46.
What are the Benefits of Being a member/partner?
The persons who register with the Association benefits enormously by staying connected to the University of Nairobi through:
- Networking opportunities for professional development
- Certificate of Membership and University Alumni badge (lapel)
- Membership Smart Card that gives you access to services in and outside University e.g. Library and Retail outlets
- Access to discounted Alumni branded items sold at University UNES Bookstore
- Participation in the Governance of the University and Alumni Association
- Regularly updated through Alumni Newsletters and sms/email alerts
- Recognition through Distinguished Leadership Awards