University of Nairobi Admission Requirements
Students wishing to pursue various courses offered at University of Nairobi should meet the following minimum University of Nairobi Admission Requirements criteria as stated below.
1. Undergraduate Degrees
– Minimum grade of KCSE C+ (plus)
– Those with a diploma from University of Nairobi or recognized diploma from reputable colleges should have attained KCSE C plain mean grade
– Degree from a recognized University
– For those with “A” levels, they must have two principal passes in relevant subjects
– CPA 2/CPS 3/CIPS for Commerce and Arts
– Higher National Diploma (HND) in relevant fields
– Equivalent qualifications from English Speaking Countries
2. Masters Degree
– A minimum of upper second class honors degree in the relevant discipline from the University of Nairobi or equivalent qualification from institutions recognized by university senate.
– Persons with lower second class degree but at least two years work experience, publications or postgraduate diplomas are also considered for admission.
3. Postgraduate Diplomas and Certificates
– A minimum of a pass degree.
4. Doctor of Philosophy Degree
– Masters degree from the University of Nairobi or an equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by senate. In addition, the applicants should submit a proposal showing that they are capable of carrying out original research.
Modes of Admission
1. Undergraduate Module I students – Sponsored by the Government of Kenya.
2. Undergraduate Module II Students – Students are admitted to self-sponsored programme. Commonly referred to as parallel programme.
3. Postgraduate students – Students can pursue postgraduate diplomas, masters or even doctorate courses.