Egerton University Vacancies 2016
Egerton University Vacancies 2016, below is the information on the Egerton University Vacancies 2016.
Jan 2016 Egerton University Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Affairs) Career Recruitment Kenya
Job Vacancy: Egerton University Employment Kenya 2016
Career vacancy Egerton University
Office of The Vice Chancellor
Career vacancy: Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Affairs)
Egerton University Council seeks to recruit a Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Affairs) from suitably qualified individuals with excellent credentials.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Affairs) who shall work under the direction of the Vice-Chancellor shall head the academic division of the University, whose functions include management of academic matters.
He/ She shall be Secretary to the Senate.
Qualifications and Experience:
The candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience.
- Be a Full Professor with an earned PhD or its equivalent from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Have at least eight (8) years hands on management experience at senior level (Chairman of Department and above) in a University or equivalent Institution with demonstrable leadership and management capacity including knowledge of public financial management and strategic people management.
- Have a capacity to promote learning and extension in a competitive environment.
- Have ability and leadership skills to effectively co-ordinate academic functions.
- Be an accomplished scholar with proven track record in formulating and managing academic programmes and supervising and mentoring Masters and PhD Students.
- Should have proven track record of research and published widely in peer reviewed journals, monographs and books.
- Knowledge of strategic planning in education development.
- Proven capacity to promote learning, teaching, research and development in a University or an equivalent Institution.
- Knowledge of national laws and policies in education.
- Be of high ethical standards, integrity and professionalism and adhere to Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity.
- Show evidence of attracting research grants/funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Affairs) shall be the head of the Academic Division and will oversee all academic matters of the University.
As a principal assistant to the Vice-Chancellor on academic matters, the successful applicant shall be involved in:
- Formulating and providing policy guidelines on planning, development and management of academic programmes.
- Preparing curricula/syllabuses, and rules and regulations governing the implementation of academic programmes.
- Formulating guidelines for the effective management, implementation and evaluation of academic programmes.
- Coordinating both continuous assessment and final examinations.
- Guiding Chairpersons of Departments, Deans of Faculties, Directors of Schools or Institutes and Managers of Academic Centres on the running of academic programmes.
- Working closely with other Deputy Vice-Chancellors on staff development, training and research programmes.
- Ensure that the University Senate is properly advised in the development of academic programmes in conformity to ethical standards and legally recognized professional bodies.
- Responsible for coordinating curriculum development to meet the human development needs of the country and the region.
- Ensure effective accountability to the Vice-Chancellor for the proper management of the Academic Affairs Division.
- Responsible for promotion and coordinating teaching and extension activities.
- Maintain collaboration and linkages with both local and international institutions of higher learning for academics, research and innovation programmes.
- Overseeing the administration of students’ welfare services.
Terms and Condition of Service:
- The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package including house allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government public service guidelines.
- The appointment shall be for a contractual period of five (5) years with the possibility of one time renewal for a further term of five years subject to a positive appraisal by the Council.
- Applicants should submit ten (10) copies of detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, awards/scholarship/funding membership to professional associations and linkages), copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts.
- Applicants must also submit the following; Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- They should also provide names, e-mail, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees and request the referees to forward their confidential reports to the undersigned directly.
- Ten (10) copies of the application and referees confidential report on the applicants suitability for the post should be sent via registered mail or courier in an envelope marked “Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Affairs) and reference number on left hand side of the envelop and sent to the under-signed to be received on or before Thursday, 28th January, 2015.
The Secretary (Vice-Chancellor)
Egerton University Council
P.O. Box 536 – 20107
Egerton University Council
P.O. Box 536 – 20107
Tel. +254 051 2217810
Egerton University is an equal opportunity employer.