University of Nairobi Department of Business Administration
DBA is the largest department in the School of Business in terms of the areas of specialization and students enrolment. The department currently hosts nine specializations at both under and postgraduate levels namely:
- International Business Management
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic management
The department also offers service courses to various departments in the University of Nairobi.
To be the most respected department for providing excellent services in business education, research and consultancy.
To provide high quality teaching, research and consultancy services and to be responsive to needs of students and other stakeholders.
- Morality and ethics
- Professionalism and integrity
- Openness and transparency
- Creativity and innovativeness
- Academic freedom and enquiry
- Service to society
The department has had 7 chairmen since its inception.
- Prof. Francis N. Kibera: 1986 – 1989
- Prof. Peter K’Obonyo:1989 – 1991
- Mr. Stephen N.M. Nzuve: 1991 – 1994
- Mr. Thomas Mutugu: 1994 – 1996
- Prof. Evans Aosa: 1996 – 2002
- Prof. Martin Ogutu: 2003 – 2009
- Dr. Justus Munyoki: 2009 -2013
University of Nairobi Department of Business Administration Contact
Department of Business Administration
P. O. Box P.O Box 30197 – 00100 ,
Lower Kabete Campus – Lower Kabete Road
Tel: Tel: +254 02 4184160-5/254 20 2059163-4/ 0735704065/ 0729396808